Thursday, February 18, 2016

Ginger Hair

Lately I've been told by several different people that I'm not a redhead. This saddens me. My red hair is something that I have grown to love and now people tell me that my hair is brown or dirty blonde. I started looking at old pictures last night and realized that my hair has changed a lot over the years, back and forth. Sometimes it's lighter, sometimes darker, sometimes shinier, and then of course some really bad hair cuts over the years. Of course my hair is always lighter and always looks better in summer, but it has changed more than just summer/winter hair.

I looked up a few ways to make red hair redder naturally. I have never dyed my hair before, except for an unfortunate run-in with Sun-In when I was younger, and I'm just not quite ready for that yet. And even though henna is natural, I am not ready for that extreme yet either. I found a suggestion for a mixture of hibiscus tea and paprika. I mixed some of that up sprayed it into my hair and that was my first attempt. I have tried it for a few days now. I can't really tell if my hair looks more red or if it's psychosomatic, but my hair smells really good! Then, today I found that peppermint oil is supposed to brighten your hair. I mixed that up into some of my conditioner because it suggested either that or a spray bottle and I was out of spray bottles. I wouldn't mix it with my hair product again though. Some of the conditioner got in my eye and it burned very badly. I went out and bought another spray bottle tonight. When I was heating the water and peppermint oil I came across another fortunate finding - peppermint oil is very good for your sinuses! I could breathe better than I've been able to in a long time! I put another mixture in the microwave tonight so that I could have it sitting on my counter while I did dishes.

In my searching for how to make my hair more red again, I also stumbled upon this website: http://howtobearedhead.com/ I absolutely love it and I'm pretty sure I will be ordering their book!

No comments:

Post a Comment