Thursday, August 23, 2012

Apologize and Encourage

Today a customer apologized for being a jerk to me a couple weeks ago. I was shocked and caught off guard as this never happens, but it was the encouragement that I needed for the day. Each day holds a small glimmer of sunshine that needs to be held onto tightly. Or if it doesn't I somehow need to create my own glimmer. I need to remember to be a glimmer of sunshine for others as well.  Sunday, I also received some much needed encouragement from my boss. The apology and encouragement remind me how important these two things are in our lives, especially at work and in relationships. I need to remember to be encouraging and thankful always and apologize when needed. When I am stressed I tend to get really short and to the point with people. I am also working on not letting my stress show, or better yet not getting stressed about things at all, but just taking them as they come. I have a feeling this will be a lifelong process. But my stress level has gone down recently, even when things aren't going well. May it continue. 

2 comments:

  1. It's good that you're learning to deal with stress. Life is so much better without it. I recently read that work stress raises heart risk and women are more susceptible to it.

    Read the full article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19584526

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I wrote this a little over a month ago and recently really let things get to me again. I need to constantly remind myself. I'm about to read this article.

    ReplyDelete